Now that I have had time to mourn after the elections, I thought I would posit some predictions of the coming Obama Legacy. First I have to say that we Californians will be the prime example of Obamaville as we are leading the country in its downhill slide.
Here are some of the things that I predict for the future. I know some of these are easy, others are crazy, but hey I am having fun with these. In fact, use my list as a starting point, and create your own. Maybe make it a board game. Write down those predictions and stick them in a four-year time capsule. See how close you get. It is just a beginning.
One of those Internet pass-arounds used to describe Obamaville is an “Ineptocracy.”
The Urban Dictionary defines Ineptocracy as follows: (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
First let’s start with Ineptocracy in California, since we lead the nation and in this case, not in a good way.
- With decisive victories in passing Prop. 30 (taxes for schools) and defeating Prop 32 (stop special interest now), the unions will get everything they want. No “pension reform” on that list.
- With a new super majority in both the Assembly and the Senate, the Democrats can raise taxes at will, regulate our industries, strangle the economy, and pay back their union allies.
- Republicans are irrelevant – it remains to be seen if they can re-brand themselves back to the party of the working stiff, as Reagan did.
- California is Greece, we just don’t know it yet.
- California will go bankrupt. I know that the state cannot legally go bankrupt, but the creditors can put it in a position that in order to borrow money California will have to put itself under the authority and direction of their creditors. Kind of a pseudo bankruptcy.
- Obama will have to bail out California, like GM. Other states will not like this.
- Businesses and business leaders will continue to leave the state.
- Democrats will continue to think that the elected officials are not going far enough and are compromising when they don’t need to.
- Gov. Moonbeam will be the moderate or conservative of the Democratic Party in California.
Now, let’s play the game in Newport Beach:
- There will be continued discussion for electeds throughout all of OC about how city councilmen and other electeds receive full-time benefits for part-time work.
- Tidelands rents go up with a few objections. Stop the Dock Tax movement fizzles
- Lifeguards continue to be paid the highest compensation in the world.
- New City Hall opens in Opulence in a Greece economy.
- City Council-approved new brackets for upper management will allow them to give raises next year.
And some notes from the US Ineptocracy:
- Republican House Speaker John Boehner has no huevos and will fold before Obama even shows up.
- Debt ceiling will go up.
- Taxmageddon will be averted temporarily (they will not make the Bush tax rates permanent) and Republicans will cave to Obama’s tax-the-rich demands
- The only spending cuts will be in the military budget.
- There will continue to be no budget.
- UN treaties will be the White House’s way of legislating around Congress.
- More Solyndras and other enviro-government boondoggles.
- Benghazi and “Housewives of West Point” will not hurt Obama.
See you can fun at home, just like this!
Any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]