Last week we talked about the chef demos and offered an overview of the inaugural Pacific Wine and Food Classic that takes place at Newport Dunes Aug.19-20.
Over one weekend, patrons can taste wines from 50 vintners and enjoy bites from 50 restaurants from throughout Orange County and Long Beach.
But before the festivities get started, there is a special pre-event dinner with on Friday, August 18 at 6:30 p.m. at Fig & Olive in Fashion Island.
Guests will experience a food and wine dinner with Food Network star Simon Majumdar, prepared by George Neyra, Chef de Cuisine of Fig and Olive (Neyra was most recently executive chef at The Ritz Prime Seafood).
The five-course dinner includes a champagne welcome followed by a tomatoe Sundae, seared foie gras, sweet corn soup, choice of day boat scallops or prime beef, and Pineapple Mille-Fueille for dessert.
Cost is $95 per person. Wine pairings are available. Reservations are extremely limited. For reservations call Sheri Griffiths at 949.220.0543
It’s All About the Food—and Wine
The Pacific Wine and Food Classic features 50 wineries from California, Oregon and beyond, plus cocktail and beer stations (including our local favorite Towne Park Brew Co.).
We mentioned there will be a lot of food at this event–more than we can probably sample in a day, but we’ll give it a try. Some of the cuisine we’re looking forward to tasting:
- Chef Linda Johnsen | Filomena’s Italian Kitchen & Market: Trio of grilled fresh tomato bruschetta, roasted corn bruschetta and grilled peach bruschetta.
- Chef Greg Daniels | Haven Gastropub & Provisions Market: Truffle Fries with garlic aioli.
- Chef Cathy Pavlos | Provenance Restaurant: Honey and Ginger BBQ Beef Shortrib Sliders
- Executive Chef Bryant Taylor | Chianina: charcoal grilled striploin with black truffle
- Chef Eric Samaniego | Michael’s on Naples: Sonora Wheat Radiatore
- Executive Chef Jason Mazur | Bluewater Grill: Coriander crusted ahi w/black garlic tzatziki
- Executive Chef Mark McDonald | Old Vine Café: Bacon & Corn Chowder
- Executive Chef / Owner Shachi Mehra | Adya: Grilled Corn Chaat
- Corporate Chef Reymundo Pinedo | Sundried Tomato Bistro: Root Beer Marinated Baby Back Ribs with chipotle barbecue sauce; Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Executive Chef Adrian Garcia | Red O: Shrimp Ceviche
- Chef Andrew Monterrosa | TAPS: Torched hamachi with soy truffle emulsion
- Chef Ryan Sumner | Light House Bayview: Charred Hamachi Crudo
- Chef de Cuisine Cesar Sarmiento | CUCINA enoteca: tomato carpaccio with dehydrated strawberry
- Executive Chef David Man | Island Hotel Newport Beach & Coastal Catering: Prime New York Steak Tataki;
- Executive Chef Peter Lai | Oak Grill: Ahi Poke with compressed melon
Tickets are $150 for single day and $250 for two-day general admission, and includes unlimited tastes of food and beverages. VIP tickets are $200 for single day and $350 for two-day admission, and includes early admission, access to the Grassy VIP lounge overlooking the bay that will serve special bites and Patrón handcrafted cocktails, Patrón infused popsicles and Chunk’n Chip Patrón infused Ice Cream Sammiches. VIP tickets are very limited.
For more information on the Pacific Wine and Food Classic and to purchase tickets, visit pacificwineandfood.com.
Net proceeds from this event will be given to Golden Rule charity as the beneficiary of the Pacific Wine and Food Classic. Golden Rule is a local charity founded in order to give back and support those in need who work in the restaurant industry. Golden Rule Charity administers grants and acts as a liaison between the community and those faced with an unanticipated crisis.