Quantcast

Benefit

A Dream Realized for Hoag

By Lynn Selich | Society Editor   California’s newest hospital – Hoag Hospital Irvine – celebrated its grand opening recently in front of 450 distinguished guests and dignitaries including many from Newport Beach. The hospital, scheduled to open Sept. 1, will be one...

Reflections Luncheon All About the Dance

A very special luncheon was held this week at Marche Modern restaurant hosted by South Coast Plaza, celebrating the kick-off of the world premiere of the “Reflections” project, a dance partnership between the Orange County Performing Arts Center and the Bolshoi Ballet of...

Campus

Subscribe

Join the Local's List

Charity

Charity: Global Genes | RARE Project ‘Tribute to Champions of Hope’ Gala

By Christopher Trela and Catherine Del Casale | NB Indy The 2nd annual “Tribute to Champions of Hope” Gala at the Balboa Bay Resort last weekend was a rare event–rare in that it was an undeniably moving and heartfelt affair, and that it raised more than $370,000 for people...

Charity: The Wooden Floor’s ‘Keep the Promise’ Wine Tasting Benefit

Seven is a lucky number–at least that’s what Orange County’s innovative art-based youth development organization, The Wooden Floor, is hoping. Their seventh annual “Keep the Promise” Wine Tasting Benefit will be held in Newport Beach on Thursday, September...

Green

Local Focus

On Faith

Flowers of Friendship

It started as an idea while we enjoyed frozen yogurt outside on a sunny afternoon. It wasn’t the first time Linda Patton and I talked about getting our mothers and longtime friends together, but this time we chose a date and made our plans. Linda and I have known each other for...

Driven to Share His Faith

The priceless collection of pristine cars arranged about the Marconi Auto Museum was obviously valuable and worth viewing, but it was the view into Barry Meguiar’s life that was the most valuable of all. “I have a God who directs my steps, a God who loves me and is personally...

Senior Moments