Quantcast

Benefit

Benefit: CASA Black & White Ball Honors Local Philanthropists

Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Orange County, held its annual Celebration of Children Black & White Ball on Saturday, April 27, at the...

Benefit: Table for Ten Chefs Serve $340K for Charity

One of the tastiest annual charity events in Orange County is Table for Ten, a culinary extravaganza featuring three dozen chefs creating multi-course, gourmet...

Charity

Vocational Visions Hosts Evening ‘Under the Sea’

Vocational Visions Enchanted Evening took 280 guests on a heartwarming journey “Under the Sea” on Sept. 7, at the Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport...

Fristers’ Celebration Gala Raises $166K

Fristers, an Orange County-based nonprofit devoted to helping teen parents thrive, raised $166,000 at its second Celebration Gala on Sept. 27 at the historic...

Green

Attracting ‘Good Bugs’ to a Garden

By Gary Jones | Special to the NB Indy “Good” bugs can be a homeowner’s best friend, while “bad” bugs can wipe out weeks of gardening...

Going Green: Upper Newport Bay – Restoration, Recreation and Research

By Garry Brown, Executive Director / Orange County Coastkeeper Just above Newport Harbor is the Upper Newport Bay, a sanctuary to many species of plants,...

Local Focus

OCC Breaks Ground on Mariner Training Center

Mariners’ Mile will soon have a training center fit for the neighborhood’s longtime name, as Orange Coast College officials and others officially broke ground...

Balboa ‘Ferry-tale’: A Century of Back and Forth

Longevity — many strive for it, only some achieve it. And among those aged few, the rarest of all: The Balboa Island Ferry, which celebrated...

On Faith

‘New View of God’ Speaker Event

Phillip Hockley, of the United Kingdom and St. Louis, is coming to Laguna Beach to speak on “A new view of God and its...

CdM Community Church Celebrates Dual Anniversaries

Corona del Mar Community Church Congregational reaches dual milestones this weekend as it celebrates three quarters of a century of serving the village and...

Senior Moments

Senior Moments: Frieda Caplan is ‘The Queen of Kiwi’

By Felicia Wiseman | NB Indy “Fear No Fruit” is a fascinating and true story of 91-year-old Frieda Caplan, also known as “The Queen of...

Bongiorno Boomers: Starting Anew

Good Morning, (Buon Giorno) Boomers! I trust you’ve recovered sufficiently from the Holidays for us to begin the New Year together. From my present vantage point,...

Senior Moments: Slow Moving Fitness for Seniors

This is one father who’s truly unhappy having put two kids through college. No, not my own children. My orthopedist’s. In a long life of body-risking...